Так как знание английского языка играет очень важную роль для нашей команды и всех процессов, описание вакансии мы оставляем только на английском языке.
We are looking for a Robotics Software Developer to join our team in Joensuu, Finland office. Previous working experience with robots is not a requisite, but instead we want to find a proactive person with strong problem-solving skills and desire to learn. You will be trained to be an expert in robotics. Previous experience and interest towards machine learning, deep learning and computer vision technologies will be considered as a plus.
You would be working directly with the robot by joining our young and fastly growing team of developers. Your main tasks will vary widely from developing and testing new algorithms for the robot, all the way to working with the basic hardware. You will contribute to development during the full life-cycle of the robot, while pushing state-of-the-art technologies and working with interesting and challenging tasks.
Work at Karelics crosses the nation borders. On the same day, you might be attaching the newest sensors for our robot in Finland, while monitoring and testing another robot driving in Germany. Our main working language is English, thus strong communication skills in English are required.
We expect from you:
- You have experience in software development
- At least bachelor’s level degree in computer science or engineering (or similar)
- You have good communication skills in English
- You want to bring the robots everywhere, want to make them smart
- You are interested in current trends in technologies, want to grow as a professional
- Innovative spirit and creativity
Would be cool if:
- You have experience in robotics software development with ROS / C++ or Python
- You have >2 years experience in Python (Django/Flask) or C++
- You worked in a scrum team with at least 1 senior developer
- You are familiar with Linux, Docker, AWS, git, SQL, MQTT
- You are familiar with Alexa, Google Assistant, Home Assistant, or analogues
- You worked with something from: PyTorch, Tensorflow, Keras, OpenCV. Have some experience in Artificial Intelligence area
- You know what SLAM is
- You have played with robotics hardware, such as electronics, sensors (e.g. radar, laser, camera), embedded systems; Jetson/Arduino/Raspberry
- You speak Finnish
You will do:
- You will work in a team of motivated professionals
- You will develop software to make robots smart
- You will play with machine learning technologies to make robots even smarter
- You will assemble robots hardware and electronics
- You will write articles about your work to share with the world great results you achieve
- Flexible working hours, flexible vacation
- Possibility for occasional remote work
- Sports and culture benefits
- Support in your professional growth
- Taking part in conferences
- Extended health insurance coverage